SWIM-A-THON IS NEXT WEEK!
CAPE AQUATICS 2018 SWIM-A-THON
When? April 2nd-9th
Monday, April 2nd-Bronze 3 and 4 from 4:30-6:30
(Make up day Wednesday)
Tuesday, April 3rd Bronze 1 and 2 from 4:30-6:30
(Make up day Thursday)
Friday, April 6th Silver from 6:30-8:30
Monday, April 9th -Gold usual practice times, please let Coach Ed know if you want to swim the 200 laps in an hour.
What is a Swim-a-thon?
This is our second major fundraiser of the year. Swimmers attempt to complete 200 laps in 2 hours or less (for younger swimmers, their goal is to complete as many laps as they can in 2 hours). Prior to the event, they obtain sponsors. They can be sponsored “per lap” (make sure you tell the potential sponsor they are aiming for 200 laps) or they can ask for a lump sum donation (most common).
Why have a Swim-a-thon? Participating in our Swim-a-Thon is a highly effective and FUN way to raise money.
What is our fundraising goal?
Each swimmer on the team needs to raise $100. This money helps our team attend competitive meets and run our high quality program at low monthly fees.
Where to start?
The sponsorship forms are on the website under forms and on the email link.
Here are some ideas:
$10 from 10 friends….it is that easy!
You will be surprised at how many donations start coming in once you start to ask.
Below are some fundraising suggestions:
1. Send an email to your family and friends letting them know that you’re swimming in the Cape Aquatics Swim-a-thon for 2 hours and are aiming to raise $_____ amount. Give them your address or offer to go to their house to pick up the donation. (ESTIMATED TIME: 10 minutes for the email).
2. Simply ask people you know – below are some suggestions for an easy way to raise $100 just by asking people you’re close to. (ESTIMATED TIME: 2 minutes per ask)
3. Ask someone who won’t say “no”. Go for the soft targets (i.e. your mom or dad, relatives, special friends. The first donation can be the hardest, so get some early runs on the board the easy way!
4. Use social media to put the call out to friends and family – you can easily post to Facebook or Twitter or even start a GoFundMe page. You may be surprised by the number of “friends” (or randoms!) that decide to sponsor you.
5. Make up a poster and put it up at work.
6. Ask a business to sponsor you. Although any amount will be appreciated, any business that sponsors the team for $250 will have their business listed on the Swim-a-Thon t-shirt and $500 will have their business on a banner for one year and have their business listed as a sponsor on the t-shirt.
Thank you for your continued support of our swim team!
The document Swim-A-Thon_Sponsoring_Form.pdf was attached to this post.